With endless cultural festivals, beautiful beaches and incredible nightlife, Spain is impressive all year round. From Madrid to Barcelona via Seville and Valencia, Spain is such a dynamic country with a boost. The climate in Spain is the most reliable with more than 300 sunny days per year. The versatile landscapes allow you to pass so many places in less than two hours, you can go from snow-capped mountains to sunny beaches, from deserts to mountainous landscapes, from the 21st to the 15th century.
Spain is among the top three destinations in the world for tourist arrivals, in 2019 Spain welcomed 83 million visitors and from India 210,000 travelers. As we all know, 2020 has been a difficult year for all destinations, however, Spain is convinced that after the pandemic we will find the lost ground. We are in the process of launching a sustainable tourism strategy and also currently undertaking various promotional steps including social media initiatives, business activations and various other promotions, so that once international travel resumes , Spain is once again ready to welcome.
While we can’t travel now, we can still keep in mind the top 10 reasons why Spain should be high on your wishlist as travel picks up from India. .
- Spanish cuisine is incredibly varied. The quality, creativity and above all the flavor of Spanish cuisine have earned it international fame and today it is one of the country’s main tourist attractions. Spain brings both tradition and innovation to its cuisine.
- Culture and heritage in Spain: Did you know that Spain is the country with the third highest number of UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world? Spain has a unique and spectacular wealth of monuments, with more than 15,600 monuments, archaeological sites, gardens and historical complexes that have been declared properties of cultural interest (BIC).
- The history of Spain is extraordinarily precious, and remains of the different civilizations, cultures and historical eras that have evolved in the Spanish territory. There are a variety of phenomena with deep historical roots and diversity that have made Spain a unified state in modern European history.
- With fascinating nature and landscapes, Spain embodies natural diversity and has more UNESCO Biosphere Reserves than any other country in the world. In Spain you can find mountains, forests and valleys; as well as volcanoes, dunes and desert areas, marshes, lakes, cliffs, waterfalls, canyons … A unique and precious nature that needs and must be nurtured.
- One of the best parts of any trip is taking the time to plan where to go, what to see and, of course, where to sleep. Spain offers accommodation to suit all budgets. Choose from luxury hotels, rural houses, unique accommodations, serviced apartments, tourist apartments, youth hostels and campsites.
- Long opening hours, large pedestrianized shopping areas, international brands, local designers, exclusive showrooms, personalized services, original boutiques and charming handcrafted products. Spain is the perfect place for avid shoppers!
- If you are passionate about sports, you will simply love Spain. Of course, football, one of the most striking and important sports in the country, but imagine, thousands of kilometers of hiking and biking trails, beaches perfect for surfing and diving, horse riding routes along the coastline.
- Spain ranks 7th in the world for infrastructure with the largest network of state-of-the-art air, sea and land infrastructure according to the Global Competitiveness Report (World Economic Forum); as well as the DESI 2019 report (Digital Economy and Society Index) which ranks Spain eighth among the countries best prepared for the deployment of 5G technology.
- With sufficient guarantee measures in place, Spain has 21 specific tourist protocol guides for different types of businesses with technical and health recommendations in terms of safety.
- Spain is a country increasingly aware of environmental protection. The country maintains an active attitude towards the protection of the global environment, subscribing to numerous agreements for the global protection of nature and to protocols to combat climate change and pollution. Spain is aiming for a long-term sustainable tourism strategy by 2030.
The Tourism Department of the Spanish Embassy in India recently organized an E-Press Meet for the Indian market on April 20, 2021. Speaking on the lines of the E-Press Meet to promote the destination Spain, Ms. Elisa Robles Fraga, Director – Tourism Office of Spain in Mumbai, India during the virtual press meeting with the media on 20e April 2021 (made for the first time online due to the pandemic situation) presented the relevant aspects that Spain has to offer to its tourists / potential visitors with the top 10 reasons (among several reasons) to travel to Spain a times the borders open at the top. In addition, Spain is actively working to prepare for the future opening of post-pandemic borders: protocols and guidelines on health and safety aspects, information website on all measures for visitors (Travel Safe ); and the recent launch of the “Reactivatur” website to facilitate assistance to the Spanish tourism sector, as well as the preparation of a sustainable tourism strategy, 2020-2030. #SPAINAWAITSYOU
For any visa application, please visit: https://india.blsspainvisa.com/contact.php