|Level of education:||Diploma|
|Job level:||Management (Snr – Executive, 5+ years)|
|Company:||The Nal’ibali Trust|
Nal’ibali (isiXhosa for “here is the story”) is a nationwide read-for-fun campaign. It builds lifelong literacy skills and a culture of reading in homes, schools and communities across South Africa.
Nal’ibali offers a variety of literacy programs and the role of the program manager is to design, implement and manage this work at the national level, to ensure successful delivery, growth and impact.
This position is based at Nal’ibali’s head office in Kenilworth, Cape Town.
Reporting to the Director, the Program Manager will focus on the day-to-day operations of the Program Units by:
- Overall responsibility for program development, implementation, reporting and risk management
- Explore innovative solutions and think creatively to identify solutions that will maximize our impact on the ground
- Co-create a strategy with the director and the management team; ensure it is rooted in best practices, research, experience and team input; and communicate it effectively internally and externally.
- Lead program teams and ensure integration, alignment and execution of strategies with organizational and donor priorities,
- Oversee operational strategy deployment, set clear goals, track actual performance and hold team members accountable for delivery
- Ensure program coordination and consistency between programs and project teams
- Manage the expenditure and disbursement of resources allocated to the program department
- Ensure that all program activities operate within all organizational policies and procedures and comply with all relevant laws and professional standards
- Ensure that the quality of program delivery is prioritized in all programs and projects
- Identify potential funders and develop funding proposals and budgets
- Identify and assess the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate measures to control the risks.
- Oversee the writing of high quality management and donor reports ensuring that all reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Actively seek (and seize) opportunities to support strategy implementation
- Support the Director to represent the organization in key platforms (eg media, conferences, events).
- Assist the Director in reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Degree in social sciences, commerce or communication.
- A postgraduate degree in development, education, languages, economics of behavior change, anthropology, sociology or another related social science field will be advantageous
- At least 10 years of minimum professional experience including 5 to 10 years in a management position
- Prior experience with all of the following:
- Strategy execution in a fast growing environment
- Lead teams in various locations
- People management: delivery and performance management, coaching and development of team members.
- Program management, including design and implementation
- Fundraising and creation of partnerships
- Work in large nonprofits, literacy, education, behavior change campaigns, social development, media and/or publishing.
- Management of relationships with donors and partners
- Developing and managing large budgets
- Strategic thinker, big picture and strong attention to detail, and ability to deploy each appropriately.
- Proven ability to manage, prioritize and execute multiple projects and workflows in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong, succinct and persuasive communication skills: written, verbal, public speaking.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong multitasking and problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office 365 product suite
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience using the Salesforce cloud-based platform will be advantageous
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) in English and at least one other African language
- Willing to travel regularly
In line with the objectives of the EE, preference will be given to Black (African) South African candidates.
A remuneration package commensurate with responsibilities is offered for this exciting position which is part of Nal’ibali’s management team.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] with your first and last name, job title in the subject line (eg Thandi Nkosi, HoP).
Closing date: Wednesday July 13, 2022
Please note that feedback will only be provided to shortlisted candidates.
For more information, please visit our website www.nalibali.org.
If you do not hear from us by August 31, 2022, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted Jul 01 12:59, Closing date Jul 13