Rather, the New World crafting system is nested within itself. Many New World crating skills, such as armor crafting, engineering, and more, require a variety of metals, all from skinning, mining, and more. As you move into the higher level professions, you will need to craft your items from higher level materials. One of them is Starmetal. Starmetal is an ore that you can mine all over Aeternum.
Since the New World Starmetal is so valuable, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about Starmetal. Expect to see New World Starmetal respawn timers, locations, farm routes, and more throughout this guide.
Starmetal is an ore that tends to spawn much more frequently in mid-game areas, as well as more dangerous elite areas. You will tend to find New World Starmetal locations in places like Weaver’s Fen, Cutlass Keys, Brightwood and such areas. However, you can find Starmetal locations all over the world; but they tend to be rarer in the starting areas, however.
Additionally, you can usually find New World Starmetal locations in areas of dense crowds, making it difficult to acquire them. However, there are usually dense Starmetal spawns of all sizes.
Some good examples of these New World Starmetal locations include the areas below. Note that most of these areas have a minimum of five Starmetal slots in a small area, which makes them very easy to collect. Be aware that these locations contain a mix of level 28-40 areas, so you should have a place to farm for each point in your mid-game level range. Finally, make sure you have a choice of mining steel, as you can’t mine Starmetal any other way.
- Stone Skull Fort – located in the Cutlass Keys, surrounded by level 40 NPCs.
- Rothhoard Hollow – The surrounding cliffs and ridges of Rothhoard Hollow have several Starmetal spawns. There are a few level 28 NPCs in the area that you may need to fight.
- Lush Hideaway – Brightwood area with level 32 Angry Earth enemies.
- South Vega Bridge – This Weaver’s Fen bridge has 10 Starmetal locations that you can enter. Youth hostels in the area are located around level 32-24. Some spawns can be found on the rocky areas that you can see on your map while dotting the ruins of the bridge.
- Treetop Terror – The Restless Shore area has about two to three Starmetal locations on each of the three cliffs between which the camp is set up.
- Boarsholm – The Restless Shore is home to an area filled with level 45 boars. However, you can get around nine Starmetal Depots there, spread across the surrounding hills.
If you are wondering where to find Starmetal, here are some of the best Starmetal farms and routes you can come across.
The first is from level 50, with the westernmost side of the road only available for levels 60. This is an endgame leveling area, as the west side is filled with Level 60 corrupt elite enemies. If you stick to the cliff top where the ore is, you might not make the mobs worse, but you’re still playing a dangerous game.
Alternatively, you can use this route from Starmetal farm to Brightwood. There is a lot of dead space between all of the hotspots in Starmetal. But, if you follow the black zone, you will find exactly where to find Starmetal in Brightwood. It’s also worth mentioning that this is probably the best Starmetal route to take if you’ve just entered the 30-39 level bracket.
If you’re up for an adventure in Mourningdale, there are two decent routes out there, but they’re small and out of the way. Also, it should be mentioned that this route is a bit strenuous as the Starmetal locations are scattered at sea level and on the hills. Even more, there is some travel time between routes one and two. Once you’ve cleaned them up, you can try to follow the hills along the beach to the eastern end of the area. Starmetal locations are scattered all over this beach, but they are rare. There should be enough time to grab them and return for the ore to reappear in the previous area.
Like most New World minerals, Starmetal appears to follow a similar trend. Starmetal’s smaller deposits appear to share a very similar respawn timer to iron, ranging from 5 to 10 minutes. For much larger Starmetal deposits, you might wait 20 minutes for them to respawn. You can start tracking Starmetal at 125 mining skills, so you can keep an eye out for those spawns if you’re running between roads.