British terrorist warned ‘I’ve got hundreds of bullets’ in phone call to family amid hostage plot in Texas

British terrorist Malik Faisal Akram warned ‘I have hundreds of bullets’ in calls to his family as he threatened hostages, MailOnline has learned.

The 44-year-old from Blackburn – seen here with young family members in a new photo – could also be heard speaking out against US involvement in Afghanistan on calls home while holding hostages in a synagogue in Texas.

He was shot dead by an FBI SWAT team police shortly after calls to the Lancashire home.

His father Malik Akram revealed the agonizing phone calls to family friends – and said his jihadist son had ‘destroyed his own life and that of his family too’.

His grieving father, speaking in Urdu at his terraced house in Blackburn, said: ‘What my son did I have no words to explain or to understand what he did and why He did it.

“It was the biggest shock of my life when I found out he was in America and in a synagogue.

Malik Faisal Akram (pictured), 44, could be heard speaking out against US involvement in Afghanistan in calls home as he held hostages at a synagogue in Texas

The FBI believe he bought a gun on the street and armed himself with it when he entered the Congregation Beth Israel Synagogue (pictured) in Colleyville, Texas last Saturday

Akram pictured at a faith-based day outreach center in Dallas, Texas on January 2, 2022

“When I heard that, I thought someone was joking.

“He destroyed himself and he destroyed us. My wife couldn’t stop crying.

He said his son had phoned home several times during the siege and during those calls he was declaiming the US war in Afghanistan and threatening that he was armed and had “hundreds of bullets”.

Akram had fallen out with most of his family members in the years leading up to his terrorist bid in Texas, angering and alienating them with his extreme views, it is understood.

His extreme views contributed to the collapse of his marriage with his wife Farzana who complained about his “controlling” behavior, a close family friend has revealed.

The family source said he had been a controlling husband – and his mental state deteriorated as his marriage fell apart and his view of Islam became increasingly extreme.

They said: “He was very controlling towards his wife whom he married in Jhelum, Pakistan around 2004. He forced his wife to wear Purdah and did not let her out of his sight, he even went to the GP with her if she had an appointment.

“He argued with his family about their way of life and things like men’s beards which did not conform to what he considered Islamic requirements. He wanted a British caliphate.

He added: “He had no job or regular income. But how he became a man of such extreme views is the burning question.

Police reconstruct the last movements of the terrorist after he arrived at JFK airport on January 2 before staying at a homeless hostel run by a Christian charity before launching the attack on January 15.

Texas synagogue hostage flees, watched by SWAT officer perched in armored car

“He criticized anyone he believed did not respect his Islamic beliefs. He thought women should stay home and never leave without their husbands.

He added: “He had been in trouble with the police. His father had very close ties to mosques and is a highly respected member of the local community. “But basically his son has become a pain when it comes to his religious views and his wish for a British caliphate.

Mr Akram is now hoping US authorities will release his son’s body so he can have his remains buried in a cemetery in Blackburn where another son was laid to rest a few months ago after he died of blood-related issues. Covid.

“I came to this country in 1963. All I did here was work hard and support my family.

“I could never, ever think of hurting anyone or taking anyone’s life.

The slain terrorist, a father of six, attended his brother Gulzameer’s funeral last October after he died of Covid-19, despite having argued and not spoken for two years.

His parents prepare to bury the remains of their slain son in Pleasington Cemetery, Blackburn, next to Gulzameer’s grave

Their retired father, who worked in a factory in Lancashire before his retirement, added: ‘We have lost our son and what a wonderful, handsome boy he was.

“Now we have lost another son. Can you imagine our grief?

He said the terrorist drifted between addresses in Lancashire after his marriage ended, but remained close to two of his sons who would visit him and attend mosques with him.

Police investigating the extremist’s background in Britain arrested two teenagers but have since released them.

At a place where he stayed for a few months last year, he had no furniture and slept on the floor.

Mr Malik Akram said he had no idea how his son got to America and his family was looking for answers on their own.

The 44-year-old from Blackburn arrived in the United States at JFK airport in New York on a tourist visa in late December. But new details show that despite MI5’s investigation, no red flags were raised and he was allowed into the country.

The confrontation ended when the last of the hostages fled the synagogue, and an FBI SWAT team rushed into the confrontation within 10 hours and shot Akram dead. The four hostages are safe and sound. Pictured: The scene outside Congregation Beth Israel Synagogue in Colleyville

The White House press secretary said the federal government had no “derogatory information” about Akram before he arrived in the United States.

But MI5 had probed his background after spending six months in Pakistan in 2020.

He also had ties to Syria and it was claimed he told his family he had visited Dubai

Malik Akram had a criminal record and was once branded a “threat” for reveling in the attack on the World Trade Center more than 20 years ago.

The terror suspect received a rare restraining order from Blackburn Magistrates’ Court – the first in 25 years – for abusing staff over 9/11 the day after the attack which left more than 2,750 people dead.

He also reportedly had convictions for drug trafficking, violent disorder and driving offenses.

In 1996 he was jailed for six months for a baseball attack on a family member and a year later he was jailed for destroying property.

But he managed to circumvent strict US entry rules on convicted felons and arrived in New York on January 2, staying in a budget hotel in Queens.

Synagogue terrorist Malik Faisal Akram is arrested outside his Blackburn home and loaded into a police van in 2018

He traveled to Dallas, Texas, and talked about finding a Mexican wife, while staying in homeless shelters.

The FBI believe he bought a gun on the street and armed himself with it when he entered the synagogue in Colleyville, Texas, last Saturday.

His brother Gulbar told Sky News the terrorist suffered from mental health issues and he ‘wouldn’t have done this at all’ if he had received more help in the UK.

He said he crossed the Atlantic to demand the release of imprisoned terrorist Aafia Siddiqui.

“He’s very committed to his incarceration, he thinks it’s an injustice, but he didn’t do it alone,” Gulbar said.

About John McTaggart

Check Also

Help hard to find in boom times

Signing bonuses, housing allowances still insufficient “The huge influx of people who moved here during …